Possibilities of preparation asphalt concrete by oil sands of Kazakhstan
In the paper physicochemical properties of oil sands of Munayli-Mola deposits and efficient ways to use them for preparing asphalt concrete were represented. For determination of organic part of oil sands the extraction methods were used in Soxhlet apparatus by variety of solvents. It has been established 16 wt.% content of natural bitumen in oil sands, which compared with results of ash content determination. According to results of experiment, the natural bitumen is heavy oil and its characteristics close to characteristics of paving bitumen. The optimum content of oil sands in asphalt mix are 28 and 47 mass %, the mixes prepared under these conditions satisfy standard requirements of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the asphalt mixture ST RK 1225-2003.
1. Yoon S., Bhatt S.D., Lee W. et al. Separation and characterization of bitumen from Athabasca oil sand // Korean J. Chem. Eng. – 2009. – № 26 (1). – P. 64-71.
2. Mansurov Z.A., Ongarbaev E.K., Tuleutaev B.K. Utilization of Oil Wastes for Production of Road-building materials // Eurasian Chemico-Technological Journal. – 2000. – № 2(2). – P. 161-166.
3. Nadirov N.K. Prospects of processing and use of oil sands in Kazakhstan // Oil sands: prospects of using. – Almaty: Nauka, – 1982. – P. 3-10(Russian).
5. Parviz M. Rahimi and Thomas Gentzis. The chemistry of bitumen and heavy oil processing // National Centre for Upgrading Technology, Oil Patch Drive, Suite A202, Devon, – Alberta, Canada T9G 1A8. – P. 149-186.
6. Ongarbaev E.K., Tileuberdi E., Tuleutaev B.K., Mansurov Z.A. New source of production and improvement quality of oxidative oil bitumen // VI International symposium “Combustion and Plasmachemistry”. – Almaty, the Republic of Kazakhstan. 24-26 august, – 2011. – P. 66-68 (Russian).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.