Synthesis and characterization of thiolated polymers based on polyhydroxyethylakrylate and 3-mercaptopropylmethoxysilane
In the presented paper thiolated polymer based on nonionic polyhydroxyethylmethacrylate (PHEMA) and 3-mercaptopropyltrimethoxysilane (MPTS) was obtained and characterized. Results of Raman-spectroscopy and Elman’s assay showed the presence of thiol groups in the modified polymer.
1. N.A. Peppas, J.J. Sahlin, Hydrogels as mucoadhesive and bioadhesive materials: a review, Biomaterials 17 (1996) 1553– 1561.; Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews 57 (2005) 1713– 1723
2. Comparison of the mucoadhesive properties of various polymers Vjera Grabovac, Davide Guggi, Andreas Bernkop-Schnurch Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews 57 (2005) 1713– 1723
3. Vitaliy V. Khutoryanskiy Advances in Mucoadhesion and mucoadhesive polymers / Macromol. Biosci 2010, 10
4. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews 57 (2005) 1556– 1568 The basics and underlying mechanisms of mucoadhesion John D. Smart
5. Improvement in the mucoadhesive properties of alginate by the covalent attachment of cysteine Andreas Bernkop-Schnurch, Constantia E. Kast, Martina F. Richter Journal of Controlled Release 71 (2001) 277–285
6. Nina Langoth, Jochen Kalbe, Andreas Bernkop-Schnurch Development of a mucoadhesive and permeation enhancing buccal system for PACAP (pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide) / International Journal of Pharmaceutics 296 (2005) 103-111
7. Davide Guggi, Andreas Bernkop-Schnurch Matrix tablets based on thiolated poly(acrylic acid) / International Journal of Pharmaceutics 274 (2004) 97-105. 8. A. Bernkop-Schnu¨ rch, in: S. Dumitriu (Ed.), Mucoadhesive Polymers, Polymeric Biomaterials, Marcel Dekker, New York, 2000, pp. 147– 165
9. H. Park, J.R. Robinson, Physical and chemical properties of water insoluble polymers important to mucin/epithelial adhesion, J. Control. Release 2 (1985) 47– 57
10. F. Madsen, K. Eberth, J.D. Smart, A rheological examination of the mucoadhesive/mucus interaction: the effect of mucoadhesive type and concentration, J. Control. Release 50 (1998) 167– 178
11. Moller, K.; Kobler, J.; Bein, T. J. Mater. Chem., 2007, 17, 624.; 12. Okabayashi, H.; Izawa, K.; Yamamoto, T.; Masuda, H.; Nishio, E.; O’Connor, C.J. Colloid Polym. Sci. 2002, 2 80, 135
13. HORIBA Jobin Yvon, Raman application note
14. I. Bravo-Osuna, D. Teutonico, S. Arpicco, C. Vauthier, G. Ponchel, Int. J. Pharm. 2007, 340, 173.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.