Electrochemical behavior of indium in sulfate solutions
Electrochemical characteristics of deposition and dissolution of indium in sulfate solutions using the method of cyclic voltammetry were determined. The effect of the polarization of the interval and scan rate at electrochemical reactions which occur in the system was studied. It is established that the processes occurring in the discharge-ionization of indium in sulfate solutions have phasic character. The study of the influence of the potential scan rate on the electrochemical behavior of indium showed an increase in current peaks and the shift of the potentials for the cathodic process to negative values, and for the anode - towards positive values. This indicates the irreversible character of the electrode processes.
1. Kozin V.F., Omelchuk A.A. Kinetics and mechanism of formation of ions of monovalent indium in the system In0 – In2(SO4)3 – In2SO4. [Kinetika i mekhanizm obrazovaniya ionov odnovalentnogo indiya v sisteme In0 – In2(SO4)3 – In2SO4]. Tsvetnaya metallurgiya - Non-ferrous metallurgy, 2006, no 2. P. 45-50.
2. Kozin V.F., Bliznyuk A.V. The study of the electrochemical behavior of indium in the system In0 – In2(SO4)3 by the method of thin-layer electrolysis. [Izuchenie elektrokhimicheskogo povedeniya indiya v sisteme In0 – In2(SO4)3 metodom tonkosloinogo elektroliza]. Tsvetnaya metallurgiya - Non-ferrous metallurgy, 2005, no 3. P. 28-32.
3. Kobrand E.E., Kurdyumova T.A., Kozin L.F. The study of the electrochemical behavior of indium in sulfuric acid solutions by the impedance method. [Issledovanie elektrokhimicheskogo povedeniya indiya v sernokislykh rastvorakh impendansnym metodom]. Ukrainskiy khimicheskiy zhurnal - Ukrainian chemical journal, 1977, no 4. P. 358-362.
4. Munoz A.G., Bessone J.B. Cathodic Behavior of In in aqueous sodium chloride solutions. Electrochimica Acta, 1998, 43 (14) 15. P. 2033-2040.
5. Saidman S. B., Bessone J. B. Anodic behaviour of indium in sodium chloride solutions. Electrochimica Acta, 1991, 36 (14). P. 2063-2067.
6. Munoz A.G., Bessone J.B. Effects of different anions on the electrochemical behavior of In. Electrochimica Acta, 1998, 43(9). P. 1067-1075.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.